Corporate Trainer, Neelam Kumar
My rich experience of several decades in India’s top steel company as Chief of Communications (Public Relations) and Deputy General Manager (Corporate Affairs) has given me an insider’s view of what employers are looking for in their employees in order to enhance productivity and take their company ahead of others.
Training is my passion and I am happy to share that over the years, I have trained professionals in every area of Soft Skills. My clients range from the IT sector, Financial Services, FMCG, Manufacturing industries and various private Institutes.
I strongly believe that one lifetime is not enough to explore the many people we are. Convinced of this, I began writing with the determination to live out the varied emotions and diverse experiences through the characters I create in my books.
And then Cancer happened. Not once, but twice. It awoke within me a hunger to breathe…to wake up each morning to new possibilities..to rejoice in the many things I could do within the limited time of one human life. Many women exploded within me, each demanding attention… each insisting to be heard.
That’s how I have become many women rolled into one. And each one of them transcends geographical boundaries in thought. Each one insists on being perfect… on ever renewing, ever revitalizing and re-inventing herself.
This write-up gives expression to my favorite aspects of myself. Others remain to be discovered.
As of now, I am Author; Life Skills Coach; Like Skills Counselor; Communication and Soft Skills Trainer. And these are my dimensions I wish to share with you.
My intuitive understanding of the human mind comes from my education in diverse fields from countries as varied as Russia and the US of A.
A person of varied interests, I am also a passionate wordsmith. I have written 7 bestselling books, including one with India’s eminent litterateur and renowned journalist—Mr Khushwant Singh. My books have won rave reviews and have a loyal readership.
My most recent success has been “To Cancer, With Love—My Journey of Joy” (Hay House, 2015). It broke the stereotype of Cancer being a grim word, emerged as India’s 1st humorous book on Cancer and zoomed on to become a bestseller.
There are three more “firsts”–India’s 1st comic book on Cancer; the 1st Life Skills Healing and Coloring Workbook and the 1st ever book on happy Survivors. My mission is to do my bit to spread hope, happiness and courage.
I hold a Masters degree in Journalism from the US, besides a Bachelor’s in English Literature; a Bachelor’s in Education and a Post Grad in Public Relations and Advertising.
My life has been one of several trials and tribulations, but I have emerged stronger after every crisis. I have utilized my life learnings to inspire others. That has made me a Motivational Speaker in various public forums—something I enjoy doing.
I love what I am doing. My strong spiritual core and beliefs have made me the resilient person I have become.
I try to re-invent myself each day so that I may become better today than I was yesterday. That is the challenge that makes my Life such an adventurous journey!
I live in the financial capital of India–Mumbai, in the State of Maharashtra.
Although I take training programs in all aspects of Soft Skills Training, my top 3 are listed below:
1. Brand Newer Me This is a unique one day module based on my bestselling book sponsored by Mr Ratan Tata and Mr Amitabh Bachchan.
This book has been sponsored by legends Mr Amitabh Bachchan and Mr Ratan Tata as they have seen immense value in it.
These are the ways the book will help your employees.
- • When adults take to coloring as an activity, it activates both parts of the cerebral hemisphere, ensuring better decision-making and thinking.
- • Coloring makes adults de-stress, thus making them more productive.
- • This Personal Growth book is a step-by-step process towards an inner journey through reflection.
- • It helps employees work on themselves, clear their emotional baggage and become more effective in their work sphere.
- • It is the first of its kind in India.
- • It is a powerful tool to make your employees more effective.
- • This book uses Adult Coloring as a therapy to help participants deal with the everyday baggage from life’s ups and downs which weighs them down. It is a step-by step journey beginning with ‘unpeeling one’s adulthood’ and reflecting on one’s emotional and physical baggage including fears, anxieties, communication roadblocks etc. The final goal is re-invention of one’s empowered self through deep reflection.The one day session and Presentation will help participants use this Workbook in the way it is intended. Your company can expect less attrition rates and trained employees who are in touch with themselves. The result will definitely be a more reflective and effective employee. Each participant will need his/her own Workbook @ Rs 370 each, to be ordered fromhttps://notionpress.com/read/i-am-a-sea-of-possibilities
2. Brand Me – Reinvent Yourself Brief Content:
In an interconnected, seamless, complex world, Managers are required to be sensitive to top clients so that they represent their company’s image effectively. business with.
Participants learn all about Etiquette— Power Communication Skills (Email writing, Speaking); Mobile; Telephone; Personal; Dress; Grooming; Email; Body Language; Meeting; Business writing etc. to help them polish their personalities and integrate with the top echelons of society. Role plays and practice sessions make them confident about the way they are expected to conduct themselves. Once trained, they can represent their companies before important clients in a globally accepted manner. Employees learn how to confidently remain ahead of the competition.
3. Life Skills Coaching and Counseling Come on, everyone has an issue going on in one’s life. The sooner you decide to talk it out, the sooner will it get resolved.
Having been a Life Skills Coach and Counselor for 15 years now has given me the opportunity to work closely with the emotionally disturbed. It has helped me discover the magic my professional skills can create in the lives of the lost, the confused and the seeking. May I help you find yourself?
Having gone through intense emotional traumas myself (which included two Cancers,) I discovered within me an empathy as vast as the ocean and a perspective as deep as the sea. May I help you dip into yourself to discover these treasures?
Having written 8 successful books, including bestsellers like, “To Cancer, With Love—My Journey of Joy” and “I am a Sea of Possibilities—A Life Skills Coloring & Personal Growth Workbook” funded by Mr Amitabh Bachchan and Mr Ratan Tata, I discovered the healing and inspirational power of words. Yes, words can heal. They can fill up the empty places in your heart and in your life. May I help you feel emotionally healthy?
Whatever ails you—your studies; peer pressure; heart break; fears; lack of confidence; anxiety; marital woes or simply the need to unburden, I will guide you through the landmines of your life. Gently and non-judgmentally.
Life is a battle field. You need the best battle gear to face it. I will equip you with that bullet- proof jacket. The problems that crop up in your life’s journey might not disappear; but with your newly-found coping skills you will confidently be able to overcome each one of them.
Yes, together, we shall win!